Friday, July 6, 2012

Thai Cultural Show

I always tell Steven how I wish he'd take me out dancing every once in awhile!  And while that has yet to happen (I'm not holding my breath...), he did surprise me one night by taking me to see a Thai dancing show!  Close enough, right?

We enjoyed a traditional Thai dinner and then watched a traditional Thai dancing show.  I have to admit that at some points it was a bit boring, but it was interesting to see the different cultural dances that have developed over the years in Thailand.  One of our Thai language teachers majored in Thai dance, so it was neat to get a glimpse into her world!

Enjoy the pics :)

 Waiting for dinner

 Traditional Thai feast

 Thai traditional dance... look at those finger nails!!!



 This dance was a little weird...

 They're dressed as roosters?! :)



 Cool knife dancing dude!

Thai women are so pretty!!! 

The show moved from traditional Thai dances to tribal dances 

The kiddos were super cute! 

 Reminds me of Vanna White :)

 Tribal rice dance

  

No comments:

Post a Comment