Sunday, March 24, 2013

Relaxing

I always tell myself I am going to do a better job at keeping up this photo blog, but the weeks just fly by too fast!  So, here we are... already past William's 4 month mark and he's getting bigger and stronger every day.

Things over here have been a bit stressful lately, so Steven decided to take us on a little family getaway.  A perk of living in Thailand is 1) the weather is nice all year round and 2) there are hundreds of beautiful, cheap hotels right at your fingertips... especially during low season!  So, this family of 3 happily took a few days to relax, regroup and rejuvenate our souls.

Ahh...

My cutie.

William really taking this relaxing thing seriously.

My little guy loves to say his prayers!  Even by the pool after a long swim :)

Hi mom.

William's favorite activity... swimming with daddy!

Weeeeeee!

What a stud!

 Haha, I love this picture.  Baby William lost in Thailand!

More pool time with dad

Wiliam in our suitcase... always movin'!

Once we got back to Chiang Mai, the fun continued when my good friend, Bonnie, came up to visit us!  Her and her husband, Jon, (along with their two kids) lived in Chiang Mai for a year before moving down to Central Thailand to do church planting.  While they were here learning language, we grew really close with them and quickly developed a deep friendship.  I miss them a lot.  They moved to Central Thailand right before William was born, so Bonnie came to meet William and to hang out with me!  I loved it.  Thanks, Bon, for taking the time to spend such sweet time with me.  Come back soon!
Auntie Bonnie & Marek!

Friends.  God is good.

William looks so Asian next to Marek!

March is usually when the awful heat takes over Chiang Mai... but it hasn't come yet and we're grateful!

Silly boy.

 4 month old pic :)

He's getting so loooooong!


More relaxing :)

Playing with baby William!

Thai school is out for summer break, so Pawn has been bringing her daughter and niece to work.  They loooove playing with William and are actually really great babysitters!  It's nice to have someone to entertain William if I need to get some things done.  HOWEVER, the above picture was taken just 2 hours before Maai (Pawn's daughter) came down with a 102 fever AND red spots all over her body.  Yep, you guessed it.  Maai has chicken pox.  And had been playing with William every day for the last two weeks.  Awesome!  That night William had a 101 temp, so we went to the doctor the next day.  He said William was a little too young to be getting chicken pox, so to watch him closely for the next couple of weeks.  He didn't think the fever was from chicken pox (you usually aren't symptomatic until 10 days after catching it...), so he gave us some baby Tylenol and sent us on our way.  We have an appointment to check in next week... here's hoping our next blog won't be filled of pics of William with the chicken pox!

The relaxing continues.  Poor guy must've been trying to fight off his sickness with sleep.  He slept almost all day for 2 days straight!

Loves to suck his thumb now as he's falling asleep.  Gosh I love him!

Speaking of sleep, here's a video of us trying to keep William asleep last night after we came home from Brett & Liv's house.  It may just be me, but I think it's so funny :)

1 comment:

  1. I miss you too. Thanks again for having me! It was truly good for my soul to be with you again.
    And I loooove the video! Hilarious!!
    Are Brett and Liv in their house already!? Tell her I want to see pics SOON!! :)

    ReplyDelete