Sunday, October 20, 2013

11 months!

Okay, well it looks like I'm only gonna get around to photo blogging once a month.  Sorry, William!  I had such higher expectations for myself, but there's just not enough time in the day!  Sigh.  How do moms do anything with 2, 3, 4, 5.... kids?!?! 

As always, I am shocked at how fast time has flown by and can't believe my little baby is 11 months old already!  I'm already starting to get a little teary about his 1st birthday.  I mean, goodness... my lil' guy is gonna be ONE WHOLE YEAR OLD?!?!  How did this happen?!?!  But before I jump ahead of myself, here's a quick recap on William's last month:  He is now standing completely on his own.  In the middle of the room, in his high chair (yikes!), in his crib, etc.  He loves to just stand there and play.  It reminds me of how long and lean he is when I see him standing in the middle of the room.  But he hasn't taken any steps by himself yet... Everyone says its going to happen soon, but he's such a cautious little guy that I'm not so sure.  We'll see!  He still loves eating and seriously eats more than I do at meal time.  He eats anything (except he doesn't like some fruits) and sometimes eats so fast and so much that he barfs a little up at the end of the meal.  I think that's more of a sign of my bad parenting more than anything else.  But what am I supposed to do?  The kid gets all mad when I try to cut him off.  Ha :)  It's really freeing that he eats everything these days.  No more carting around baby food or planning ahead.  One of the things I love most about my William is his quirkiness.  I've talked about it before, but it's really starting to come out more and more.  His favorite toys are a fly swatter, a dust pan, an empty yogurt cup and a cardboard box.  Granted, he's grown out of all his baby toys and we haven't done a good job of getting much else to play with... but why would we?  The kid loves the random stuff around the house more than anything.  So funny.  He constantly is cracking me and Steven up and I just think he's the cutest little thing ever.  (Okay, I know... enough already!)  But seriously, one of my favorite parts of the day is seeing Steven come home from work and watching both him and William's faces light up as they see each other.  It's so precious and reminds me just how full my life is.

Okay, enough sappiness... on to the last month!

Had Khru Som over for lunch and she requested Steven's french toast!  She's due in December, so we're excited to meet lil Hugo!

Tried out this little visor on William one night.  It's supposed to keep the water out of his eyes (something I would have LOVED as a kid), but as you can see William wasn't too excited about it.

Love this pic.  Steven was building something one day and William (my little busy body) stood there the entire afternoon watching his daddy.  We even had to have lunch by the door!  So precious.

He likes to put his toys under the couch and then stare at them.  He's so weird.

Went out to lunch with our friends Jeng and Mint!  We went to an all you can eat Japanese restaurant... we were in heaven!

Gettin our grill on!

Mint loved William :)

This kid loves Pawn so much.  Sometimes he waits by the door in the morning for her!

And follows her around during the day!

Pawn doing her bagel delivery with looooots of bagels and children :)

 Steven and I took a ride one Saturday and found this beautiful resort tucked away in the mountains.  We had lunch at the restaurant and swam in this beautiful infinity pool.  We both looked at each other and couldn't believe that we live in such an amazing place.  We are thankful.

Seriously?  Crazy beautiful.

This month Steven and I made an update video on our future here in Thailand.  Our friends did a great job putting it together for us despite our lackluster performances on screen.  Haha... 

If you're interested in watching our video, you can see it here:



Phew, now that the torture is over... here's my favorite video of William to date (yes, even more so than the mouse trap one!)!  It just shows his personality perfectly...




 Our friend, Boom, wanted to paint William and so I gave her a couple of pictures to look at... a couple of months later she calls me up and says that she's painted 7 pictures of him! haha!  So fun!

Her boy lives in Holland, so she really likes loving on William

William has kind of grown out of his baby toys, so we went to the store and bought him this bike and some balls to throw around!  What a big boy he is!

Wanna know one of the best things about being married to this man?!  I can show him a picture of something, ask him if he can build it and a couple of hours later it's becoming a reality... I'm crazy spoiled, I know.

The finished product!!!!  A buffet table.  I adore it.

William doesn't like to eat yogurt with a spoon anymore... he prefers to drink it.  Meal time is such a mess!

To add to the list of William's quirks, is his love for this fly swatter.  He carries it around with him everywhere.  Steven thinks he likes it because he can reach more things with it.  What a goofy ball.

Riding down the street one day and ran into some elephants.  Sometimes I forget we live in Thailand where this is normal.

A village up in the mountains of Chiang Mai

One of the things I dislike about grocery shopping here is the lack of baby seats in the carts!  William doesn't seem to mind, though!

This month a cute lil boy turns 3.  It seems only right that he would have this construction birthday cake!

Ready to party with Obie!

Praying before his birthday dinner... so cute!

 Happy birthday, dear Obie!!!

He wanted LOTS of candles on his cake :)

We had to take William into the doctor this week (he's okay), but the upside is that he got to sit in this cool John Deere tractor!

The cool weather is starting to come to Chiang Mai!  Which means we pretend it's fall and eat soup!  
 It's the little things... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment