Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Walking!!! (well, kinda...)

Exactly a week before his 1 year birthday, my lil stinker decided to take some big steps... literally!

William has been standing and walking along furniture for awhile now, but I wasn't too sure when my cautious boy would venture out on his own... but yesterday he finally did it! I wouldn't necessarily call it "walking", but he kind of just picks up his feet and moves a few inches.  It's hard to catch on tape because if you pay too much attention to him, he gets scared and starts crawling.  So he has to be distracted (preferably playing with his balls--that sounds so awful, but I don't know how else to say it?!?!) or having food dangled in front of him.  What can I say, he takes after his dad! HA :)



In other news, we've been keeping busy around here lately.  It feels like we are starting everything at once (Expat Homes, Bliss, learning deeper spiritual language, parenting, etc), so some days feel really full and tiring!  But, we love it.  We feel like we're in an exciting and life-giving time!

Here's some shots of what's been happening...

No, this was not a Halloween set-up... this is what I encounter every time I go to buy meat.  I don't think I'll ever get used to it!

Mr. William man and his amazing techni-colored duster!

 The kid is obsessed with household items... (one of his many quirks!)


Whatta cutie!

William's learned how to give kisses, but sometimes he gets a little carried away.  What a flirt!

 I love my boys!!!!
 
I'm not sure if I've blogged about this yet, but our team leader (Kristi) is starting this business/ministry to house helpers in Chiang Mai.  It's really an awesome idea and it has really taken off in a short amount of time.  Since being a "Mae Baan" is looked down upon quite a bit, we are hoping that we can help change the way they feel about their work by providing them with some more training and better skills.  We are also trying to create a network where we can help them find good jobs.  It's been really neat to see God working through this.

We are official since we officially have business cards, right? :)

Not having a ton of time to devote to this, I just try to help Kristi where I can.  One of the things I have been able to do is do some cooking with mae-baans.   (How fun is that?!?!)  Below are some pics of a day I got to spend with a girl, Rosetta.  Isn't she adorable?



Healthy cooking!

We made honey glazed salmon with spicy corn salad

 And a Thai crunchy quinoa dish :)

Oh and William helped too :)

 To read more behind this, you can visit my personal blog :)  I got it made here and now it's hanging in our house.  AND I LOVE IT.

 I told Steven that he wasn't allowed to take William on the motorbike until he had a helmet (thinking this would buy me a couple of years...), but then he came home with this one day!  Littlest helmet for the cutest lil guy!

We threw a baby shower for our Thai teacher!  Baby Hugo will probably come this month!

Just a reminder to myself that it sometimes gets cool enough in Thailand to wear a jacket and drink hot chocolate!  It's the little things...

 Officially official with official Expat Homes shirts!


Sick baby.  William randomly woke up from his nap one day with a 101 temp and then cried for about two hours before we took him to the hospital (you go to the hospital for everything in Thailand).  Turns out nothing was wrong...?  Good thing those hospital visits are only $10 bucks!

I told Steven I wanted to go camping.  He was super excited until I told him I wanted to go camping in our bedroom.  But, because he let's me be weird, he agreed and we set up camp!  William loved it.

The perfect way to camp, if you ask me!

 These two just bless me heart.  More than they know.

 Grandma Sauder sent an awesome huge package for William's birthday!  Although, William wasn't too pleased when I wouldn't let him open it!  :)

 Steven had to work on the weekend, so we took the day on Friday to chill out by the pool!  
 We got complimentary girly drinks!

Up in the mountains

 Thailand.

You should probably come visit.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Dont get me wrong... it is funny watching steven do a summer-salt across the bed... but is it THAT funny? That is seriously HILARIOUSLY how hilarious william finds that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I find even funnier is that Steven is even doing somersaults on the bed!! Who else could get him to do that over and over again other than a giggling William!

    ReplyDelete