Sunday, December 30, 2012

Baby's first Christmas

William's first Christmas has come and gone.  Just like that!  To be honest, it didn't really feel like Christmas this year.  The combination of it being 85 and sunny, not buying any Christmas gifts (what new mom has time for that?!?!) and being away from family and friends left us with a pretty low key celebration.  It's okay though, William slept through most of it anyway :)

However, we couldn't let the season pass us by without decorating a few cookies and having a little fun.

 We invited Pawn and her daughter, Maai, over to help us with our cookies

 They were much better decorators this year! :)

 We even decided to venture out and attend a Christmas party.  It was right in the middle of William's "fussy" time (5-7pm), so we thought we'd try out the baby carrier.  I just think this picture is hilarious :)

 Hannah's been at college, but is home for Christmas so she got to meet lil William :)  He loved being held by her!

 And sure enough, William got fussy so he got put in the carrier with Daddy.  Worked like a charm.  He was out!

 But then he got asked to play his first leading role as baby Jesus in the kids' Christmas play!  (I know, I'm a horrible mother and woke my peaceful sleeping baby just so I could snap a couple of cute pics of him as baby Jesus.  I immediately regretted the decision as William woke up in tears and therefore put an end to our night out. Ha!)

 The only time William is calm and not squirming around is right after a good meal :)

 Or when he's hanging out on daddy's chest :)

Or sleeping next to him! :)

Christmas day :)  
(And yes, I now realize that William is giving me the finger in this pic.  Merry Christmas to you, too!)

And just for the record, Steven bought him that hat and sewed it to fit William! haha!

I love it when he's cross-eyed!

Love my boys so much!

Attempting to take a Christmas family pic.  William wasn't havin it.

Hmm... better luck next year?

Hannah making it her mission to try to get William to fall asleep.  She eventually succeeded.  For 5 minutes.

Bekah and William!

I LOOOOOVE that face.  Don't you?

In other post-holiday news, we went in for William's 5 week check-up at our wonderful pediatric clinic here in Thailand (insert deep sarcasm).  After waiting in a room filled with screaming sick kids, they eventually call you and tell you to go through either door #1, #2 or #3.  (It feels like a game show.)


What's behind door #2??  This beautiful room fake geckos and bugs taped on the wall!!  (WHAT? WHY?)  Can you spot the fake gecko??

Anyway, as of today (6 weeks!) William weighs 9 pounds 6 oz!  3 pounds, 4 oz heavier than his birth weight!  Look at our chubby growing boy!

Look!  Sleeping on my belly!

 This is how we weigh William :)  On a kitchen scale using a baking sheet :)


And I'll leave you with some fun bath time pictures :)  William has been known to poop and pee as soon as he gets in his bath...which is pretty inconvenient.  So, of course, Steven comes up with a practical solution.  Put William in a bucket first... wait til he poops... and then transfer him into his bigger bath.  Pretty genius, actually.  Plus, I think he kinda likes it :)

 Seriously Mom and Dad?

 "Hmm... I think I kinda like this thing."

"Ya, my own personal hot tub!"

1 comment:

  1. I love that you "bucketize" him before he's allowed in his "real" bath... haha... you guys are hilarious! :) Love this boy and can't wait to meet him! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete