Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Meeting Uncle Joshie & Auntie Kara :)

Man, the weeks are just flying by!  How is it that my little baby boy is already 2 months old?  Even though to most people he is still a little squirt, I feel like he has grown soooo much!  How do I make the time stop?  When he's cuddled up on my chest, falling asleep, making cooing noises... I just want to freeze time.  Boy, my love for him just grows deeper and deeper with each passing day.

Well, before this post gets too mushy I'll move on to more exciting things.  William meeting his Uiencle Joshie and Auntie Kara!  So exciting!  They flew in last Saturday night and they've just been soaking up time with us and Dubya (lovingly named by Auntie Kara).  It's been such a breath of fresh air for Steven and I to have family here and it's so fun to see them interact with William.

**Insert funny Uncle/Auntie story:  The second night Josh and Kara were here, we threw them to the wolves and made them babysit William for a couple hours.  I had just fed William and we were only going to be gone a couple of hours, so none of us thought it would be a big deal.  We left a bottle just in case he woke up, but doubting that he would.  Well... of course, William woke up.  Screaming.  So, they tried to give him his bottle.  Still screaming.  They tried to carry him.  Still screaming.  All of a sudden, a random Thai lady walks in our house.  (It was actually our neighbor, but obviously Josh and Kara didn't know that...)  So, the random Thai lady swoops in and takes William from their arms.  She then starts doing a little "chant" to get him to calm down.  It worked for a little bit, so Josh and Kara let her do her thing.  But then William started crying again, so the random Thai lady starts pointing at her boob implying that she was going to breastfeed him!  Yes, you read that right.  A RANDOM THAI LADY ALMOST BREASTFED MY BABY.  Oh. my. goodness.  Thankfully, Uncle Joshie put his foot down, gave her a firm NO and took William from her.  That was when I got the call that I better come home.  "Uh... William's really crying and there's a random Thai lady in the house."  Hahaha... good times.

And now for the cute pictures... :)

We had to renew our visas one morning, so William and I had the privilege of waiting in the car for 4 hours while Steven did all the paperwork and such.  William was starting to get a little bored! 

Finding ways to entertain the kid... put him in the trunk! :)

Meeting Auntie & Uncle for the first time!

My cute little football :)

I love him in hats!

William has started responding to our obnoxious attempts to make him smile.  Horray!

And walks too? :)

He loves his Auntie Kara!

And loves to squirm on Uncle Josh!

Love his face in this one

This one's for you, Uncle Tony!

And this one's for you, Uncle Dougie!  Thanks for my BEARS onesie :)

Steven's been itching to put William in a jumper.  He's convinced he'll love it as much as he did as a kid.  He was also convinced that William was "ready" since he could mostly hold his head up.  I told him I thought we needed to wait a couple more months, but one day I came home to Steven putting it together!

A little premature, Dad... don't you think??? 

"What do I do in here?  It's a little overwhelming!"

"Ok, maybe I kinda like it."

On his play mat.  Love his expression!

Breaking in Josh and Kara so they're ready for their own :)  Kara looks a bit timid here, no?

Thanks Uncle Josh!

This is what usually happens after he's done eating.  Wow.  I think I have an overeater?  Thankfully it usually happens when Daddy's holding him! :)

Go SOX? (Only because the Sauder family is here...hehe)

4 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh these are all so sweet! Me and Tony especially love his bow tie! We can't wait to meet Billy T for ourselves!! Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my goodness that was such a funny story! Way to go Uncle Josh for stopping the random lady from breastfeeding your baby! haha! That should go in the baby book!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that story! and as always, i love all the pics!

    ReplyDelete